Barren Badlands is a community map for the Showdown event.
The map is fairly open with a few bushes, walls, and lakes sprinkled across the map in a seemingly periodic manner. Five Power Cube boxes are found in pairs, but most are scattered alone. The map harbors no symmetry, so the spawn position(s) can either put you at an advantage or a disadvantage, depending on the surrounding cover.
- High-spread Brawlers such as Pam can pressure short- to medium-ranged Brawlers.
- Short- to medium-ranged Brawlers should head towards the center of the map where they have more protection and cover to fall back on.
- Carl has enough walls for his main attack to bounce off of and room for his Super to be efficient.
- Brawlers gathering Power Cubes in the outskirts should stay near a cactus to protect themselves from high spread Brawlers.
- Long ranged Brawlers, such as Piper or Brock, can work better because of the fair space between enemy Brawlers.
- Brawlers who can snipe around walls such as Spike also work, as heavyweights will usually stick close to the walls.
- On 29/8/19, Barren Badlands was added to the game.
- On 18/12/19, Barren Badlands was removed from the game.