Barley is a Rare Brawler who has low health but a high damage potential. He attacks by lobbing a bottle of harmful liquid that splashes onto the ground and creates a small puddle on the ground that lasts for a period of time, dealing damage to enemies splashed and inside the puddle over time. His Super lobs five similar bottles which cover a greater area and persist for a longer period of time. His first Gadget, Sticky Syrup Mixer, creates a sticky puddle around himself that slows enemies inside it down. His second Gadget, Herbal Tonic, throws bottles around himself and teammates that heal them if they stand on the puddles. His first Star Power, Medical Use, heals him slightly when he lobs his bottle with his attack. His second Star Power, Extra Noxious, increases his main attack’s damage per second. Barley and his Wizard skin can be unlocked for free by linking an account to Supercell ID.
Barley lobs a bottle of liquid that shatters and leaves a puddle, dealing damage to enemies who are splashed and standing in the 2-tile puddle. The damage can hit twice if the enemy remains standing on the puddle of liquid. After 2 seconds, the liquid disappears.
Super: Last Call
Barley lobs several bottles of flaming liquid that cover a very large area and deal more damage than his main attack over time. It’s mechanically similar to Barley's main attack but lasts for 4 seconds; the damage can hit multiple times if the enemy remains standing on the liquid, and after a short time, the liquid disappears. The spread of the bottles slightly increase the farther they are thrown. His Super takes 1.25 seconds to complete.
Sticky Syrup Mixer
Barley drops a bottle of liquid at his feet that slows down enemies that walk into it. The puddle lasts for 4 seconds and slows down enemies in a 3.33 tile radius. The puddle remains even after Barley is defeated.
Barley drops a bottle of liquid at his and teammates' feet within 10 tiles of his location that heals for 500 health per second. The puddles last for 4.5 seconds and affect all Brawlers in a 2.67 tile radius. The puddles remain even after Barley is defeated. They heal himself and all teammates immediately, allowing them to heal up to a maximum of 2500 health per puddle. Using this Gadget while using his Super will interrupt his Super.
Whenever Barley lobs a bottle from his main attack, he regains 400 health. The healing occurs even if Barley doesn't hit an enemy with the attack.
Barley's main attack's damage is increased by 200 damage per tick.
- Like Dynamike and Tick, his attacks can be lobbed over obstacles. It’s recommended to attack from behind walls where the enemies can’t hit you as easily than if you’re out in the open.
- Barley's attack can be used for area control, deeming it effective to discourage enemy movement through certain areas or paths. Take advantage of this to keep enemies out of critical areas of the map, such as the Gem mine in Gem Grab, the zones in Hot Zone, or the Bolts in Siege.
- Barley's Super can deal tons of damage if an enemy is unable to quickly escape from the liquid. Try to aim the Super to have it land within the enemy standing in the middle of it or trapped against a wall, and use your Sticky Syrup Mixer Gadget to prolong and maximize your damage output.
- Combining Barley's Super with Spike's can deal huge damage to enemies trapped by both. Spike's Super slows the enemy's movement speed, hindering them from escaping while Barley's Super deals damage.
- Barley is a menace in Duo Showdown if he is paired with a heavyweight such as El Primo, Rosa, or Bull. You can follow your teammate around and use Barley's attack to damage enemies while the tank finishes them off. The same applies to Power Cubes; if there are multiple boxes near your spawn, you can use your attacks to break them by stacking their damage.
- Auto-aiming with Barley often causes you to miss your shot or only receive 1 tick of damage. Because Barley's attacks last for two ticks, if you aim the shot in front of where an enemy will head, you’ll either hinder their movement or cause them to take two ticks of damage.
- Barley is a great Siege Brawler mainly because he’s a control Brawler, excellent at area denial. He can force the enemies back with his long-lasting attacks and Super so that his team can retrieve the Bolts. When playing Barley in Siege, try to stay alive when your Siege Bot spawns. Barley is usually the primary damage dealer to the IKE. Additionally, Barley's Super has an extremely long range, making it able to reach the IKE without entering its range.
- Barley can be effective in Heist, if used correctly. Barley's Super has an incredibly long range, allowing it to safely deal damage to the Heist safe. Since the safe is a stationary target, it’ll take both ticks of damage from his main attack as well as all ticks from his Super.
- Barley's Extra Noxious Star Power allows Barley's attacks to deal more damage. This makes Barley to become a more aggressive Brawler, especially from behind walls. This Star Power enables Barley to become very strong on modes like Heist and Siege.
- His Medical Use Star Power is more map-dependent, best used in game modes where controlling the field is more important than eliminating enemy Brawlers. This includes events such as Gem Grab, Heist, and Siege. Medical Use increases his survivability, allowing you to continuously attack instead of retreating, and giving up ground to heal up. This Star Power can be paired with his Herbal Tonic Gadget to provide healing when other healers aren’t on your team.
- Barley's Sticky Syrup Mixer Gadget can be more useful than one would assume. It can be used when defending a goal in Brawl Ball and can discourage tanks from chasing you. Surprisingly, you can use this to bush-camp with Barley. Hide in a bush, and when an enemy walks by, use your Sticky Syrup Mixer Gadget to slow them and burst them down. If done correctly, this either takes out the enemy or deals tremendous amounts of damage, forcing them to retreat. Barley's Sticky Syrup Mixer Gadget is especially useful against tanks and close-ranged assassins since it usually slows them down enough to where Barley can out-range and deal a large amount of damage to them.
- Barley's Medical Use Star Power can provide a lot of value in situations like retreating. A good strategy is to conserve ammo, so you can heal quickly at any place.
|Spawning||In The Lead||Receiving Damage||Defeating An Enemy||Defeated||Attacking||Activating A Super|
"I'm ready to serve."
"Happy to serve!"
"What was that?"
"It's been a pleasure"
"Oops, my bad."
"A little… strong?"
"It's been lovely."
"This one's on the house!"
"Ready for another?"
"Ah! Another customer!"
"You've been served."
- Fixed a bug where Barley's main attack did not destroy vases/bones.
- Barley's main attack and Super damage were increased to 140 (from 120) per hit.
- His main attack projectile speed was increased by 16%.
- His Super projectile speed was increased by 8%.
- Barley's rarity was changed to Rare (from Super Rare).
- Barley's Super damage was decreased to 120 (from 140) per hit.
- The health and damage statistics of all Brawlers were multiplied by 4.
- Barley's Medical Use Star Power was added.
- Barley's Super charge rate from his Super attack was decreased by 33%.
- He was given voice lines.
- His Medical Use Star Power healing was increased to 200 (from 100).
- Barley's main attack projectile speed was decreased by 15%.
- Barley's projectile speed was increased by 14%.
- Every Brawler's movement speed was increased by 70 points, increasing Barley's base movement speed to 720 (from 650).
- Barley's main attack projectile speed was increased by 6%.
- Barley's main attack projectile speed was increased by 20%.
- Barley's main attack damage was increased to 600 (from 560) per tick.
- Barley and his Golden skin were remodeled, and the Wizard Barley skin was released.
- Barley's Medical Use Star Power healing was increased to 300 (from 200).
- His main attack damage was increased to 640 (from 600).
- His Super damage was increased to 640 (from 480).
- The spread of Barley's Super was increased when thrown near him.
- The damage from the Super's different bottles no longer stack.
- Barley's main attack and Super damage was increased to 680 (from 640).
- Golden Barley's projectile was retextured.
- The Bakesale Barley skin was added.
- The Maple Barley skin was added.
- Barley's Extra Noxious Star Power was added.
- Barley's Medical Use Star Power healing was increased to 400 (from 300).
- The Red Wizard Barley skin was added.
- Barley's Sticky Syrup Mixer Gadget was added.
- Barley's Super bottle pattern is now fixed instead of random.
- His Sticky Syrup Mixer Gadget no longer deals damage.
- His Sticky Syrup Mixer Gadget slow area was increased by 25% and the slow area duration was increased to 4 seconds (from 3 seconds).
- Barley's Herbal Tonic Gadget was added.
- Barley's Super charge rate was increased slightly from his Super attack.
- Barley's True Silver and True Gold skins were added.
- Barley’s Extra Noxious Star Power damage bonus was increased to 200 (from 140).
- Barley's main attack damage was increased to 700 damage (from 680) per shot.
- Barley's main attack range was increased to 8 tiles (from 7.33).
- Barley and his skins received facial animations.
- Barley's main attack range was decreased to 7.33 tiles (from 8).
- The Unicorn Knight Barley skin was added.
- Barley's class was changed to Damage Dealer (from Thrower).
- The Sway Master Barley Skin was added. It was featured as a Year of the Tiger skin.