Barley is a Rare Brawler who attacks by throwing a bottle of harmful liquid that covers a small area on the ground, dealing damage to enemies in that area over time. His Super fires five similar bottles which cover a greater area and persist for a longer time. He has rather low health but has a lot of damage potential. His first Gadget, Sticky Syrup Mixer, creates a sticky puddle around himself, slowing enemies down. His second Gadget, Healing Tonic, throws bottles around himself and teammates that heal them if they stand on the puddles. His first Star Power, Medical Use, heals him slightly when he throws his bottle, but not with his Super. His second Star Power, Extra Noxious, adds additional damage per second to his main attack. Barley and his Wizard skin can be unlocked for free by linking an account to Supercell ID.
Barley throws a bottle of liquid that shatters and deals damage to enemy Brawlers who are standing in the 2 tile radius that the liquid covers. The damage can hit twice if the enemy remains standing on the liquid. After 2 seconds, the liquid disappears.
Super: Last Call
Barley throws several bottles of flaming liquid that covers a very large area and deals more damage over time. It is mechanically very similar to Barley's main attack but lasts 4 seconds; the damage can hit multiple times if the enemy remains standing on the liquid, and after a short time, the liquid disappears. The Super takes 1.25 seconds to complete.
Sticky Syrup Mixer
Barley drops a bottle of liquid at his feet that slows down enemies that walk into it. The puddle lasts for 4 seconds and slows down enemies in a 3.33 tile radius. The puddle remains even after Barley is defeated.
Barley drops a bottle of liquid at his and teammates' feet within 10 tiles of his location that heals 500 health per second. The puddles last for 4.5 seconds and affect all Brawlers in a 2.67 tile radius. The puddles remain even after Barley is defeated. They heal himself and all teammates immediately, allowing them to heal at maximum 2500 health per puddle.
Whenever Barley throws a bottle from his main attack, he regains 400 health. This effect does not apply to his Super.
Barley's main attack's damage is increased by 15%, for a total of 1092 damage per second. This effect does not apply to his Super.
- Like Dynamike and Tick, his attacks are thrown, giving him the ability to attack over walls. A good strategy is to attack from behind walls.
- Barley's attack makes it possible to discourage enemy movement through certain paths. Take advantage of this to keep enemies out of critical areas of the map, such as the mine in Gem Grab.
- Try to focus on aiming for choke points on the map, or where you think enemies are going to go. Barley is a very solid control Brawler, due to his attack staying on the field.
- Barley's Super can deal more damage if an enemy Brawler is unable to get out of the liquid quickly. Try to aim the Super to have it land with the enemy Brawler standing in the middle or trapped against a wall, and Sticky Syrup Mixer can prolong and maximize your damage output.
- Combining Barley's Super with Spike's can deal huge damage to enemy Brawlers trapped by both. Spike's Super slows the enemy's movement speed, hindering escape, while Barley's does damage.
- Barley is a menace in Duo Showdown if he is paired with a good tank, such as El Primo, Rosa or Bull. You can follow your partner around and use Barley's attack to damage opponents while the tank finishes them off. The same applies to Power Cubes; if there are multiple boxes near your spawn, you can use your attacks to break them by stacking their damage.
- Auto-aiming with Barley will often cause you to miss your shot or only get 1 tick of damage. Because Barley's attacks last for two ticks, if you aim the shot in front of an enemy towards where they want to go, you will either hinder their movement or cause them to take two ticks of damage.
- Barley is a great Siege Brawler mainly because he is a control Brawler, excellent at area denial. He forces the enemy team's Brawlers back with his long-lasting attacks and Super so that his team can get the bolts.
- Barley can be effective in Heist, if used correctly. You can normally deal damage to opponents, and when you've charged up your Super, crawl to the enemy's safe with the bushes, and target your Super on it. It will deal decent damage to the safe.
- Extra Noxious allows Barley's attacks to deal more damage. This makes Barley to become a more aggressive brawler and become very strong behind walls. Since this also affects the puddle of poison, Barley's area denial becomes more effective. Remember that you no longer have the quick +1200 health you get from quickly unloading 3 shots with Medical Use.
- Medical Use is more map-dependent, best used in game modes where controlling the field is more important than getting defeats. This includes Gem Grab, Heist, and Siege. Medical Use increases his survivability, allowing you to keep attacking instead of retreating, giving up ground to heal up.
- Barley's Sticky Syrup Mixer Gadget can be more useful than one would assume. It can be used when defending a goal in Brawl Ball and can discourage tanks from chasing you. Surprisingly, you can use this to bush camp with Barley. Hide in a bush, and when an enemy walks by use your Gadget to slow them down and burst them down. If done correctly, this will either knock out the enemy Brawler or deal tremendous amounts of damage, forcing them to retreat.
|Spawning||In The Lead||Receiving Damage||Defeating An Enemy||Defeated||Attacking||Activating A Super|
"I'm ready to serve."
"Happy to serve!"
"What was that?"
"It's been a pleasure"
"Oops, my bad."
"A little... strong?"
"It's been lovely."
"This one's on the house!"
"Ready for another?"
"Ah! Another customer!"
"You've been served."
- Fixed an issue where Barley's main attack did not destroy vases/bones.
- Barley's main attack and Super damage were increased to 140 (from 120) per tick.
- Main attack bottles fly 16% faster.
- Super bottles fly 8% faster.
- Barley's rarity was changed to Rare (from Super Rare).
- Barley's Super damage was decreased to 120 (from 140).
- The health and damage statistics of all Brawlers were multiplied by 4.
- Barley's Star Power Medical Use was added.
- Barley's Super now generates 33% less charge towards the next Super (120 → 80).
- He was given voice lines.
- His Star Power healing was increased to 200 (from 100).
- Barley's main attack projectile speed was decreased by 15%.
- Barley's projectile speed was increased by 14%.
- Every Brawler's movement speed was increased by 70 points, increasing Barley's base movement speed to 720 (from 650).
- Barley's main attack projectile speed was increased by 6%.
- Barley's main attack projectile speed was increased by 20%.
- Barley's main attack damage was increased to 600 (from 560) per tick.
- Barley and Golden Barley were remodeled, and the Wizard Barley skin was released.
- Barley's Star Power healing was increased to 300 (from 200).
- His main attack damage was increased to 640 (from 600).
- His Super damage per second was increased to 640 (from 480).
- When throwing the Super close to Barley the spread of the bottles is now much larger.
- The damage from the Super's different bottles does not stack anymore.
- Barley's main attack and Super damage per second was increased to 680 (from 640).
- Golden Barley's projectile was changed from a bottle to a Molotov cocktail.
- The Bakesale Barley skin was added.
- The Maple Barley skin was added.
- Barley's Star Power Extra Noxious was added.
- Barley's Medical Use healing was increased to 400 (from 300).
- The Red Wizard Barley skin was added.
- Barley's Gadget Sticky Syrup Mixer was added.
- Barley's Super fiery bottle pattern is now fixed instead of random.
- His Gadget Sticky Syrup Mixer does not deal damage anymore.
- His Gadget Sticky Syrup Mixer slow area increased by 25% and slow area duration increased to 4 seconds (from 3 seconds).
- Barley's Gadget Herbal Tonic was added.
- Barley's Super charge rate increased slightly from Super attack.
- Barley's True Silver and True Gold skins were added.
|General||Home • Beginner's Guide • Game Version History|
|Brawlers||Common||Shelly • Nita • Colt • Bull • Jessie • Brock • Dynamike • Bo • Tick • 8-BIT • Emz|
|Rare||El Primo • Barley • Poco • Rosa|
|Super Rare||Rico • Darryl • Penny • Carl • Jacky|
|Epic||Piper • Pam • Frank • Bibi • Bea • Nani • Edgar|
|Mythic||Mortis • Tara • Gene • Max • Mr. P • Sprout • Byron|
|Legendary||Spike • Crow • Leon • Sandy • Amber|
|Chromatic||Gale • Surge • Colette • Lou • Colonel Ruffs|
|Events||3v3||Bounty • Gem Grab • Heist • Brawl Ball • Siege • Hot Zone • Present Plunder|
|Solo||Showdown • Takedown • Lone Star|
|Special||Big Game • Robo Rumble • Boss Fight • Super City Rampage|
|Competitive||Power Play • Brawl Stars Championship|
|Items||Coins • Tokens • Power Points • Gems • Trophies • Experience • Star Points • Tickets|
|Gameplay||Modifiers • Maps • Loading Screen Hints • Training Cave • Brawl Pass • Pins • Map Maker|