Backyard Bowl is an official map for the Brawl Ball event.
The map has an open center with two 2x3 walls on the sides. Near each goal is fencing and goal barriers. Goals have two three tile entrances with a three tile opening. The map lacks bushes and walls, with the only bushes placed in this map growing in small clusters. The map is diagonally symmetrical.
- Sharpshooters are recommended due to the open space. You should consider picking Brawlers with long-ranged attacks or attacks that have a wide spread. Piper and Brock are both strong on this map.
- Throwers are at a major disadvantage on this map. In order to shine, throwers need confined closed spaces, none of which is supplied by the map.
- Heavyweights can work decently on this map with the right team. Heavyweights that are excellent choices such as Jacky on most Brawl Ball maps are only above-average than most Brawlers in this map.
- Medium-ranged Brawlers such as Sandy and Nita should be careful when hiding behind enemy walls to charge their Super because of popular Brawlers in Brawl Ball such as Mr. P and Jacky which can attack over/through them.
- Destroying barriers on this map is great, but because of the map's layout there aren't much viable Brawlers that can do this and perform well.
- 8-BIT can substitute as a tank on this map doing massive damage at any range as well as being able to withstand a barrage of attacks from lower damage output Brawlers on this map. Throwers, his main counters, are also lacking on this map.
- Jacky can be used very aggressively when combined with a brawler that can break walls easily such as El Primo with his Asteroid Belt Gadget, where she peaks around the left side bush near the center and uses her Gadget to quickly take the ball and use her super to score, and her Hardy Hard Hat Star Power helps this work easier because it helps Jacky survive more enemy fire so that she has more time to score.
- Colt's Silver Bullet Gadget can be used to break down your opponent's cover. This will force them out into the open, making them easier to kill. Brock's Rocket Fuel Gadget will also work, but will take down less obstacles due to its splash damage mechanic - not very good for taking down thin, long walls. Destroying cover can also help your team to score easier.
- Stu can be useful with his insanely quick Super charge and can pass to teammates easily. And his gadget can also break down walls.
- Frank can use his Super to destroy enemy cover to force enemies away from your team's sharpshooters (since there isn't any more cover for them to hide behind) and to score easier.
- On 4/9/17, Backyard Bowl was added to the game.
- On 5/12/18, Backyard Bowl was widened by 4 tiles.
- On 29/1/19, Backyard Bowl was tweaked to make players spawn inside the goal instead of behind the goal.
- On 9/5/20, Backyard Bowl was featured in the May Brawl Stars Championship Challenge as a Stage II map.
- On 8/8/20, Backyard Bowl was featured in the August Brawl Stars Championship Challenge as a Stage V map.
- On 21/11/20, Backyard Bowl was featured in the Brawl Stars World Finals 2020.
- On 29/1/21, fixed an issue with Backyard Bowl having the same map layout as Encirclement.
- On 15/3/21, Backyard Bowl was featured in the Season 1 Power League as a Brawl Ball map.
- On 7/4/21, Backyard Bowl was once again featured in the Season 2 Power League as a Brawl Ball map.
- On 17/4/21, Backyard Bowl was featured in the April Brawl Stars Championship Challenge as a Stage III map.
- On 16/6/21, Backyard Bowl was no longer featured in the Season 3 Power League as a Brawl Ball map.
- On 9/7/21, Backyard Bowl was featured in the Master League Special Challenge as a Stage I map.
- On 20/8/21, Backyard Bowl was featured in the August Brawl Stars Championship Challenge as a Stage I map.
- On 25/8/21, Backyard Bowl was once again featured in the Season 4 Power League as a Brawl Ball map.