Backhaul is a community map for the Payload event.
This map features of clusters of bushes and crates near the spawn points and another cluster of bushes on the other side. In front of the spawns are clusters of walls. In the middle, both sides have bushes and walls with lakes between them. The payloads loosely move in a very rigid S shape. The map is diagonally symmetrical.
- Jacky is a solid option. Her area attack can shred enemies who come too close to the payload, keeping it moving steady. Her Super can be used to drag enemies away from their payload or from your payload, and gives you the window to attack all enemies at once.
- Squeak is one of the best picks for this game mode as his attacks can stick to the payload. Since the radius of his attack can cover the radius of payload entirely, the area of damage forces enemies to either retreat or take damage, slowing the enemy team down.
- Gale's Super can easily push enemies away from either payloads, an extremely useful mechanic. His Star Powers can keep enemies pinned down for longer when they come in contact with a wall, or slow down enemies going to their payload or advancing towards yours.
- On 01/03/22, Backhaul was added to the game.
- On 27/04/22, Backhaul was removed from the game.