Acute Angle is a community map for the Gem Grab event.
The map's walls shift right to left with walls set into geometric formations. Near each team is a lake with walls facing towards opposite sides of the map. Near the center are four wall and bush clusters in a rough pinwheel shape. The map is diagonally symmetrical.
- Sharpshooters and throwers should hide behind walls and bushes whenever they can. This allows them to merely evade attacks. They can try to destroy the enemy team's cover if there isn't a beneficial strategy to them.
- The openness of the map favors long-range Brawlers but the several clusters of walls can make aiming your shots difficult. Try to have Brawlers on your team which can destroy walls, like Colt, Brock, and Piper, among others.
- Assassins and heavyweights can try to hide in the opposing bushes without being seen and attack enemies coming near the Gem mine. It might be a good idea to switch to another bush in case the enemy notices a pattern and goes via another lane.
- The walls near the lakes provide the most protection once your team starts a countdown.
- The left and right lanes provide more open space than the center lane. The right lane also provides a wall that medium-ranged Brawlers can benefit from.
- This map favors long-ranged Brawlers, such as Piper and Brock, because the open spaces found in the middle of the map allows them to secure the centre. Both Piper and Brock can use their wide area of effect to push back dangerous enemies and to get crucial kills from a safe distance. Piper, using her Ambush Star Power can stay in the bushes on the side near the centre of the map to secure her side lane as well as provide support to the teammate taking on the middle lane. This is useful, especially when the Gem carrier or mid lane player lacks enough firepower to take on their opponent.
- Brock’s Incendiary Star Power can be useful to limit enemy movement and to block off key choke points, allowing allies to get into good positions on the map.
- Support Brawlers like 8-Bit and Pam can place their turrets behind walls to provide prolonged support to their team. Similarly, Penny can place her mortar behind walls which can constantly deal damage to enemies with its long range and support Penny with her Balls of Fire Star Power and Captain's Compass Gadget when her teammates and her need it.
- On 26/6/19, Acute Angle was added to the game.
- On 16/11/19, Acute Angle was featured in the Brawl Stars World Finals 2019 as a Finals map against NOVA Esports vs Animal Chanpuru.
- On 18/12/19, Acute Angle was removed from the game.
- On 16/6/21, Acute Angle was added back to the game. The environment of Acute Angle had changed from Retropolis theme to Actionshow theme.
- On 23/7/21, Acute Angle was featured in the Griff Challenge as a Stage V map.
- On 25/8/21, the environment of Acute Angle was changed from Actionshow theme to the Castle Courtyard theme.
- On 27/10/21, the environment of Acute Angle was changed from the Castle Courtyard theme to the Brawlywood theme.
- On 5/11/21, Acute Angle was featured in the Brawl-O-ween Challenge as a Stage II map.