Acid Lakes has a small amount of cover around the lakes and is generally very open. There are very little strategic points besides the center. The sides of the map contain a wave-like pattern of bushes that stretch across the lower section of the map. The center bottom contains two Power Cube boxes surrounded by bushes and four 2x2 walls. Two Thousand Lakes, a Showdown map, is remarkably similar with only a few key differences. The map is diagonally symmetrical.
- Make sure to check the two parallel rows of bushes before going to the center because it is a perfect hiding spot for enemies preparing a surprise attack.
- Long-ranged Brawlers like Brock, Piper, and Bea are extremely effective on this map because of its open nature but medium ranged Brawlers such as Carl are also viable because there are areas of the map which don’t entirely favor the added range of sharpshooters.
- Tara is favorable on this map because her attacks can pierce and have a decently long range, making her an effective chipper. Her Super can either draw enemies in to finish them off with two/three quick attacks or to momentarily disable an enemy from advancing. Her Psychic Enhancer Gadget helps Tara scan bushes and save ammo and her Support from Beyond Gadget can be used for enemies to waste their ammo on.
- Going to the center of the map too early in the game could lead to you being targeted and surrounded by enemy Brawlers outside the center. It is best to move into the center area in the latter stages of the game.
- The bushes bordering the map are often used by enemies to creep up onto other Brawlers unnoticed. Make sure to thoroughly check any bushes you come into close contact with. You can also use this to run away from enemies you are not comfortable fighting at the beginning of the match. However, once the poison clouds start coming, you should get out of the bushes.
- If you spawn in the bottom of the map near to the square-shaped bush area, it is advisable to be extremely cautious because it is possible that enemies are hiding within the bushy area, meaning that checking the bushes thoroughly is absolutely essential.
- Note that the entrances of the center is very narrow, so it is advisable to target enemies while they are entering, because the chances of dealing damage increase as a result of the enemies not having as much room to maneuver.
- Jacky, Bibi, Frank and Buzz are good on this map as they can go to the center and destroy multiple boxes using their piercing attacks, giving them an advantage early on, however, going to the center of the map early on also presents potential risks. Enemies are likely to team up on stronger Brawlers with more power cubes and other Brawlers may also be competing for boxes in the center so it is advisable to remain vigilant and to have a clear exist route out of the center if you take too much damage.
- The water around the center can be used to trap enemies when the game is almost ending, so it is advisable to use the walls as much as possible in order to block enemy fire. If there is no chance of taking out enemies from a long range, stay behind the walls and wait until the smoke closes in on the enemy Brawler. Eventually, they will be forced to move into the center area, giving you a perfect opportunity to ambush them.
- Penny can easily defeat enemy Brawlers by using the boxes in the center of the map to aid her splash damage.
- Darryl can be a solid pick here due to his Super, which not only auto-charges, but can be used through the water to either reach the center (if the smoke starts to get near the outskirts of the lakes or to escape. However, many Brawlers will go to the center for the Power Cube Boxes, so only rush if you have no Power Cubes Boxes near your spawn.
- Bo can use his Super to place mines near the center to either trap enemies in, or to catch them off-guard while they're trying to escape others. You can also camp as Bo near the outer lakes using his Super Totem Gadget so that you can charge your Super early on.
- Eve is a good Brawler for this map because Eve can walk over the lakes, which is ideal when escaping from enemies, especially short-ranged Brawlers. Her walking over lakes, and her gadget that makes her jump over walls are good for escaping even better than usual
- On 09/04/18, Thousand Lakes was added to the game.
- On 29/01/19, Thousand Lakes was affected by the Healing Mushroom Modifier.
- On 29/08/19, Thousand Lakes was removed from the game.
- On 18/09/19, Thousand Lakes was added as a Lone Star map.
- On 23/10/19, Thousand Lakes was renamed to Acid Lakes. The environment of Acid Lakes had changed from the Storm Valley theme to the Mortuary theme. Acid Lakes was tweaked to widen the gap between the 2 rivers at the center. Acid Lakes was now a Graveyard Shift map.
- On 18/12/19, Acid Lakes was now a Showdown map.
- On 17/03/20, Acid Lakes was completely reverted back to Thousand Lakes.
- On 15/12/20, Thousand Lakes was renamed to Acid Lakes. Acid Lakes was added back to the game without a Modifier. The environment of Acid Lakes had changed from the Mortuary theme to the Storm Valley theme.
- On 16/01/21, Acid Lakes was featured in the Duo Showdown Challenge as a Stage IV map. It was temporarily renamed to Two Thousand Lakes. Two Thousand Lakes was temporarily tweaked to widen the gap between the 2 rivers at the center. The environment of Two Thousand Lakes had temporarily changed from the Storm Valley theme to the Mortuary theme.
- On 27/01/21, the environment of Acid Lakes had changed from the Storm Valley theme to the Mortuary theme.
- On 13/02/22, Acid Lakes was featured in the El Corazon's Duo Challenge as a Stage III map.
- On 01/03/22, Acid Lakes was affected by the Healing Mushroom Modifier.