Hey guys, my last post with TONS of Update Concepts (Linked, click on those words) was super fun to hear all of you suggestions, and I now have a post with some balance changes you requested as well as some I found and some that were already made. Here is it!
Star Power Balance Changes/reworks
Carl Star Power Rework - Changed from Smoldering Boulders to Cavern Crumble
- Original: Smoldering Boulders - Carl’s super does 300 more damage per second.
- New: Cavern Crumble - Carl's super can now break walls! Hitting a wall 3 times during his super will break it! If a wall isn't fully broken during his super, it retains cracks that change for each level of breaking. (Few Cracks, 1 large crack, 2 large cracks, about to break apart)
Carl's original star powers was boring, so I changed it.
Gene Star Power Rework - Wish for More Wishes reworked:
- Original: Wish for More Wishes - Gene now has 1 additional ammo, allowing him to finish off higher health brawlers
- New: Gene - Wish for More Wishes - After using his super (whether it grabs someone or not but will not effect if he shoots the ball in brawl ball), Gene gains 1 additional ammo allowing him to burst down brawlers. This extra ammo cannot be regenerated and will be used first out of all 4 ammo. If 5 seconds pass without attack, Gene loses the extra ammo
These changes were made because his star power was OP so it was nerfed.
Spike Star Power - Cacti Armor Balancing:
- Armor Regen Time in Super: 10 Sec. > 7 Sec.
- Close Range Damage Effect: 2 Tiles > 1 Tile
- Damage at close range: 200 DPS > 100 DPS
- Armor Health Lost When Damaging: 100 HP > 75 HP
These changes were made in order to allow Spike's armor to regen faster and last longer. It now does less damage at a closer range, and also takes away less health. He was originally able to do 3000 damage by just standing next to a brawler, even when in a bush with no aura that made it a little to op. Therefore, his total possible armor damage output is now 2000 and it now regenerates faster.
Nita Star Power - Bearing Strength Balancing:
- Damage boost: 20% > 15% for Nita and Bruce
Nita did too much damage with the damage boost and can now do 1288 damage (from 1344) with the damage boost.
Rosa Star Power - Among The Trees Balancing:
- New Mechanic: If a brawler is within 2 tiles of Rosa while Rosa is in a bush, the speed boost effect will not activate as Rosa exits the bush.
This new mechanic is to prevent Rosa from gaining a speed boost when walking up to enemies out within 2 tiles of the Bush(es) that Rosa is/are hiding in. This speed boost is supposed to allow Rosa to get enemies within 4 tiles out of a bush by moving a bit faster to catch up, and not gain a random speed boost
Poco Star Power - Encore Balancing:
- If Super Charged alt effect: Instantly regains 3 ammo > Instantly Regains 2000 Health
- If Super Not Charged Effect: Instantly charges his super > Instantly charges 2/3 of his super
Poco's effects were hard to balance, and we added this as otherwise, his attack would become a machine gun. Same with his super, just keeping it charged.
Bibi - STAR POWER DECIDED: Fastball
I decided on my first idea, Fastball.
Penny - STILL UNDECIDED
Penny's star power is extremely experimental, and I'm still figuring out balancing as well as effect changes, so this will be released in my other post.
Pam Star Power - Junkyard jamboree Balancing:
- Extra Bullets: 8 Projectiles > 5 Projectiles
The extra damage was just a bit too much.
Max Star Power 1 - Possible Side Effects Balancing:
- AoE/Width: 4 Tiles > 3 Tiles
Max's energy drink AoE was too big. (Sorry for the typo guys)
Max Star Power 2 - Slower than the Slowest Balancing:
- Speed Reduction: 20% > 10%
- Extra Range: 2 Tiles > 4 Tiles
I wanted to make it easier for people playing Max to catch enemies in the super as well through walls in the secondary or regular AoE, so the 8 tile radius with a much-decreased speed boost will help that.
Polly Balancing +Game Mode Rework Balancing Coming in a different post soon!